The Scenic Art Builders Association

All about how to create scenic models

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

What should the UK cmp send cast out in?...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SABA Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: What should the UK cmp send cast out in?...   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:30 am

Hi everyone...

I think the UK cmp should send the casts out in jiffy bags with cardboard inserted into them as this will offer good protection and save weight on over packaging like cardboard boxes type containers.

What do you all think about this?

Thanx

Neil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://saba.quickbb.net
scouseyuk

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: What should the UK cmp send cast out in?...   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:34 am

I think a recycled packaging policy would be good. cardboard, jiffybags, polystyrene, even scrunched up asda bags for protective filling... the only thing I think you should have to buy is the 2" tape and an indelible marker. I employ this method with my ebay sales and always get good feedback on packaging.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scouseyuk

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: What should the UK cmp send cast out in?...   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:35 am

Oops.. Less anonymous now, the above post was meeee!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SABA Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What should the UK cmp send cast out in?...   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:37 am

Hi everyone....

scouseyuk, I think that recycling is good as it will keep the costs of the HAAUK and the UK CMP down to a minimum which will in turn keep the club is successful.

Does anyone else have any ideas to keep post and packing costs down?

Thanx

Neil.
Back to top Go down
billywizuk

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: What should the UK cmp send cast out in?...   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:38 am

My brother creates things for StarWars fanatics and uses shredded newspaper to protect theitems once boxed. Beleive it or not it was my nephews' idea after he had emptied the shredder bin of letters one day. He asked his dad why he didn't put the newspaper through it as well and put it on the compost heap. That got my brother thinking and ever since then he has kept hold of his old papers and shreded them. He keeps a big bag full at work to package items and has received a local award for recycling. Just hope he buys the wee nephew a new bike now
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billywiz-productions.mysite.orange.co.uk/
SABA Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What should the UK cmp send cast out in?...   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:40 am

Hi everyone....

I have a cross cut shedder; I might try putting some newspaper thought it soon to see what its like. Iżll post again to yet you all know whets happening.

Thanx

Neil.
Back to top Go down
fox-uk
Admin

Number of posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: What should the UK cmp send cast out in?...   Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:41 am

Hi Neil,

As you know I used to run a print business. Newsprint is quite abrasive even though it is softer than copy paper. I always hated putting it near the guilotine as the blade dulled very quickly.

Newsprint will shred very easily by hand - just tear along the grain - it's a lot quicker too Surprised)

We always used to get packages filled with old paper and newsprint before the advent of bubble wrap and styrene peanuts (which are the curse of the gods according to herself).

As long as the casts are prevented from moving about in the package and there is some padding there's little to worry about - I'm sure you won't use the same plaster as was used on ones I bought from abroad recently (they crumbled in the post).

The ones I got from Billy recently were so well made and solid that it would have taken a Nuke to scratch them - thanks Bill!

All the best,

Jon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SABA Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What should the UK cmp send cast out in?...   Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:41 am

Hi everyone......

ANY help towards SABA community would be very useful, i hope that over member will join in and help each other out.

Thanx

Neil.
Back to top Go down
billywizuk

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: What should the UK cmp send cast out in?...   Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:40 pm

I have just received, thanks to my son, quite a few small cardboard boxes ideal for posting up to 10 castings from an average mould cheers . He works at NEXT and the sunglasses come in these boxes. I have about 20 of them now and will get more prior to him going to University. I will store them flat packed in the workshop, (GARAGE), until we get casting orders. bounce

BillyWiz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billywiz-productions.mysite.orange.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should the UK cmp send cast out in?...   

Back to top Go down

What should the UK cmp send cast out in?...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1