Share | 

Confrontation & Hybrid Scenery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
billywizuk

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Confrontation & Hybrid Scenery   Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:56 am

Hi guys I play a lot of the Rackham games such as Hybrid ad Confrontation. Getting hold of good scenery for these games is quite difficult. The Confrontation game is slightly easier and there are some vendors now who create scenery specifically for it. Hybrid , on the other hand, is a dungeon/laboratory game and the only scenery available is the cardboard tiles supplied with the game. I have begun creating tiles and doors specifically for these, which I will post pictures of below. I am wondering though if anyone else plays these games or am I the only Rackham fan? If any body is interested in the bits and bobs I am making I am hoping to make enough pieces to create a mould (Hint Hint Neil!!), But I want to test the pieces out first myself so you'll have to wait. The photos aren't great, sorry I am getting used to a new camera.

The image shows the two hybrid laboratory doors on the top and two redesignes on the bottom of a grill and trapdoor tile. I will be expanding on these. I will leave a post about the material I have used to carve these on the Product Review forum. I have also carved (out of plaster) a typical ruined tower flooring piece based on those scenery pieces often portrayed in "Cry Havoc" magazine. This was a little harder to create but would fit a standard mould as a single piece. I have seen a similar piece (resin) for sale on EBay for 20 hence I decided to have a go myself:

It's not quite finished yet and needs a little texturing.

Regards

BillyWiz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billywiz-productions.mysite.orange.co.uk/
billywizuk

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Confrontation & Hybrid Scenery   Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:10 am

I've just had a look at the HAAD 8 entries and thought that ABAROTH's entry was awesome. I also noticed that he's used a custom 1" x 1" grate block which, funnily enough, would look great in a laboratory. I was looking at making a master but if he could donate that one there would be no need, PLEASE!!!!!!! Abaroth they would be used a lot.

regards

BillyWiz

Last edited by on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billywiz-productions.mysite.orange.co.uk/
abaroth

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Confrontation & Hybrid Scenery   Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:35 am

Hi Billy,
I haven't looked here for a while what with holidays, Hadd and hassles. I have submitted copies of almost ALL my custom blocks to SABA admin. There are a few which require more work to get them up to, what I consider to be, an acceptable standard. The grate tile has been submitted.
I like the look of your carvings, so far, and look forward to seeing more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/abarothsworld/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confrontation & Hybrid Scenery   

Back to top Go down

Confrontation & Hybrid Scenery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1