Share | 

Hirst Arts, Linka, XXXXX, XXXX and other plaster based model

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fox-uk
Admin

Number of posts: 63
Registration date: 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Hirst Arts, Linka, XXXXX, XXXX and other plaster based model   Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:27 am

This has come up off the boards in discussions a few times.

What is everyone's opinion on including Linka, (at least two other systems on the way to market) and possibly other plaster based modeling systems as well.

My thoughts are that we in effect already do this by creating compatible systems that work with Hirst Arts.

There's at least one member that is working on a system of blocks that will be compatible with Hirst Arts but not based on the same 0.5 x 0.5 x 1 inch basic block and is only compatible on the one inch (two rows) basis........................ just to stop you guessing that's me

Do we make this formal or continue in the same way as our USA cousins? Are all mentions of - dare I say it - LINKA to continue to be derogatory? Do I have to keep my Linka moulds a secret?

I'd be interested in how others see this littel problem?

Jon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SABA Admin
Admin

Number of posts: 60

PostSubject: Re: Hirst Arts, Linka, XXXXX, XXXX and other plaster based model   Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:28 am

Hey everyone....

I think this could be a very good thing for the association as this would include more people in our club, I also think that we may have to change the name of the HAAUK to something like TSBAUK, The Scenic Builders Association United Kingdom. I wonder what other people think. Please let me know what you all think about this idea?

Thanx

Neil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://saba.quickbb.net
fox-uk
Admin

Number of posts: 63

PostSubject: Re: Hirst Arts, Linka, XXXXX, XXXX and other plaster based model   Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:29 am

Do we really need the UK??

UK based in the sub-title but as a good proportion of members are already from outside the UK it does seem a little redundant.......... already......

How about Scenic Art Builders Association ? SABA is a better acronym......

Jon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scouseyuk

Number of posts: 13
Registration date: 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Hirst Arts, Linka, XXXXX, XXXX and other plaster based model   Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:32 am

I 'm not keen on the possibility that I might have to navigate through linka and model railway enthusiasts and other systems of differing scale to find something of specific interest to my hobby. I'm not poo pooing the idea, just sharing my feelings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SABA Admin
Admin

Number of posts: 60

PostSubject: Re: Hirst Arts, Linka, XXXXX, XXXX and other plaster based model   Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:57 am

Hi everyone......

I hope the forum layout is good for everyone as scouseyuk did make a good point although he has decided to leave the SABA community. If you have any suggestion please leave them here ar post them to me thought the SABA web site under the contact us page.

Thanx

Neil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://saba.quickbb.net

Hirst Arts, Linka, XXXXX, XXXX and other plaster based model

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Scenic Art Builders Association ::  :: -